Clinical Research & Trials
Drug Free Pain Management
“The authors found the VibraCool® device to be a valuable adjunct to our clinical treatments, especially for very difficult to-treat [tendinopathies]…
- VibraCool® reduces physical therapy pain 240-340% better than TENS.
- VibraCool recommended best value for Home Physical Therapy.
- VibraCool® treats pain from muscle tension and restriction in tendinopathies.
“The authors found the VibraCool® device to be a valuable adjunct to our clinical treatments, especially for very difficult-to-treat [tendinopathies]…Patients showed both high compliance and tolerance; chronic pain patients who had some hypersensitivity to general tactile stimulation did fine with the unit.”
Practical Pain Management again recommended VibraCool for home physical therapy and telePT during COVID-19.
- [VibraCool] Patients reported using an average of 10.1±3 opioid tablets in the first week following surgery….and only 4 patients continued to use opioids by their first post-operative visit (4.3±2.3 days post-surgery).
- In a coached group attempting to reduce opioids at the same institution, the average was 35% higher (15.6±8.5).
Penicillin injection adherence for rheumatic heart disease had been a problem. After 3 uses in a special clinic for non-adherent patients, pain and fear dropped by half.
- Penicillin injection adherence for rheumatic heart disease had been a problem. After 3 uses in a special clinic for non-adherent patients, pain and fear dropped by half. Since adherence was much improved, the special clinic was disbanded.
- Buzzy was added to the National Guidelines for needle pain in New Zealand.
Russell K, Nicholson R, Naidu R. Reducing the pain of intramuscular benzathine penicillin injections in the rheumatic fever population of Counties Manukau District Health Board. J Paediatr Child Health. 2014;50(2):112-117. doi:10.1111/jpc.12400
- “The Buzzy intervention should be used when children are undergoing IM injections to reduce their levels of pain and fear.” – Yilmaz et al.
- For adults receiving IM Diclofenac, Buzzy reduced pain 74% and satisfaction with the injection was 95 v. 84. P<.001 – Sahin et al
Ballard A Khadra C, Adler S, Doyon-Trottier E, Le May S. Efficacy of the Buzzy Device for Pain Management during Needle-Related Procedures: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Clin J Pain. 2019 Feb 28 (N= 1138, pain reduction -1.11; 95% confidence interval [CI]: -1.52 to -0.70; P<0.0001) , anxiety reduction (SMD -1.37; 95% CI: -1.77 to 0.96; P<0.00001)