Stress not only has a psycological impact, but can also have a physical impact on your body. Muscle tension is almost a reflex reaction to stress—the body’s way of guarding against injury and pain. With sudden onset stress, the muscles tense up all at once, and then release their tension when the stress passes. Chronic stress may cause the muscles in the body to be in a more or less constant state of guardedness. Both tension-type headache and migraine headache are associated with chronic muscle tension in the area of the shoulders, neck and head.
Musculoskeletal pain in the low back and upper extremities has also been linked to stress. Relaxation techniques, stretching and other stress-relieving activities and therapies can effectively reduce muscle tension, decrease the incidence of certain stress-related disorders, such as headache, and increase a sense of well-being. VibraCool® is a great to reduce the physical effects of stress. VibraCool®‘s unique mechanical stimulation (M-stim(tm)) technology loosens muscles and reduces muscle tension. VibraCool® is FDA cleared to treat myofascial pain caused by trigger points, restricted motion and muscle tension.
For stress-related muscle tension
VibraCool® Flex offers great versatility, enabling you to easily treat muscle tension in the areas of the head, neck, back or shoulders. VibraCool® Flexi is wearable pain relief that you can customize with heat or cold for the type of pain relief you need.
- Simply put the VibraCool® vibration unit into neoprene pocket.
- Hold vibration unit positioned over the area of pain on your neck or use included latex-free band to position the vibration unit over the area of muscle tension or pain. You may also slide the unit under a shoulder brace, support sleeve, or ace bandage/wrap.
- Activate vibration by turning on the button on top of unit.
- To add anti-inflammatory ice: Prepare unit: Freeze ice packs. Ice packs must be solid for use. Place frozen ice pack underneath the strap prior to placing on pain. Ice will remain frozen for 20 minutes.
- To add muscle-relaxing heat: Click the metal plate within the heat pack. It may take a few clicks to activate. Place heat pack underneathe strap prior to placing on pain. We recommend using VibraCool® 2-3x a day for 3-5 days while you hurt.