Filmed live at the Hive, Atlanta, Georgia, on September 30, 2020. Dr. Baxter discusses science-backed recommendations for staying safe (from #COVID) while you exercise your right to vote. Before she gets to those 5 tips, she encourages anyone who has the option to vote early and in person.
Early voting is generally less congested and the lines move faster. We know that COVID spreads primarily through aerosolized particles. Spending longer times in a closed room with lots of people gives the virus a better chance to find you. Reduce these risks with early voting.
Here are Dr. Baxter’s 5 tips to stay safe from COVID when you vote in person:
1) Two weeks out: Get your annual flu vaccine (bonus points if you’ve already gotten yours!). This gives the immune system sufficient time to mount its immune response.
2) One week out: Do what you can to support your immune system! #Immunosupport Take Vitamins C, D (if you’re low, which most of us are) Zinc. Get good sleep and exercise. Avoid alcohol.
3) 1 – 2 days out (or as long as it takes to get results): Get a COVID test!
4) Voting day: #WearAMask and add a nose clip to prevent inhaling ANY aerosol particles.
5) Now you’re home, proudly wearing your “I Voted” sticker: You guessed it – nasal irrigation! Choose the one you like and do it after you’ve congregated.
Buzzy and VibraCool are FDA registered 510(k) cleared to Control pain associated with injections, venipuncture, IV starts, cosmetic injections and the temporary relief of minor injuries (muscle or tendon aches, splinters and bee stings). Also intended to treat myofascial pain caused by trigger points, restricted motion and muscle tension.
Dr. Amy Baxter, MD, bio & more pain relief options here: https://paincarelabs.com/resources/power-over-pain/
Dr. Amy Baxter directs innovation, invention, and strategy for Pain Care Labs. Accomplishments include international thought leadership on pain management and acute opioid reduction, multiple NIH SBIR Fast-Tracks, eight issued patents, multiple first author textbook chapters and journal publications, and successful 510K FDA clearances. After graduating from Yale University and Emory Medical School, as a double-boarded pediatric emergency physician, Dr. Baxter founded PEMA Emergency Research, created and validated the BARF pediatric nausea scale cited in fifty studies, and founded Pain Care Labs. Recognition includes Forbes Ten Healthcare Disruptors, Inc. Top Women in Tech to Watch, Top 10 Innovative and Disruptive Women in Healthcare, a Wall Street Journal “Idea Person”, and the Most Innovative CEO of 2014 from Georgia Bio. National and international lecturing highlights include MakerFaire, AARP, and TEDMED. On Homeolux Board of Directors. Also known for turning down Mr. Wonderful on Shark Tank.